Saturday, July 10, 2010

The end of pregnancy

Last little survey thing I did was at 31 weeks. So much happened those last six weeks before the baby got here. It started feeling like someone kicked me in the crotch with a steel toe boot. I couldn't walk. I couldn't sleep. I could hardly manage to waddle to the bathroom 15 times a night without running straight into the wall or bedroom door. But I could still eat chocolate boy. And the chub rub - OMG. Since it's always like 200% humidity here and you have to wear clothes in order to not get arrested, I went with sun dresses. Well the bad thing about that is your thighs start to sweat and rub together giving you a heat rash looking thing. Pregnancy is so glamorous. My belly grew to epic proportions, my belly button got nice and stretched out, my legs were so swollen you could press on them and leave 2 inch dents. I did some nesting - some. I went to the doctor all the time. I swam and floated for hours on end. It was the only way to relieve the back pain and to let it all hang out in a bikini at 9 months pregnant (in my backyard of course) was so liberating. Plus, it was Dr's orders to get in the pool. Then this one day I was about to go swimming and went to the bathroom to change clothes and my water broke. I was always told with your first baby it never happened like that - that it only happens in movies. Well that was a crock of shit cause it did happen that way. It particularly came as a surprise since I had just chosen a c-section date (May 19th) due to the cord being wrapped around his neck and him not dropping down into the birth canal. Well he had other plans. He showed up a day late for Mother's Day on the 11th. Best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Pregnancy Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Followers

About Me

My photo
♥ I took my first breath July 23, 1986. My name is Katherine, but everyone knows me as Katie. I am married to a wonderful man. I took his last name on March 15, 2008. I currently live in Cancun, Mexico, which has been my greatest adventure to date. And this is our story about trying to make a baby after two unsuccessful tries. The end. ♥