Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mom Boobs

I just have to say - they aren't this big still. Booo!


05-14-2010 at 9:24 AM
Quick update on me and Gabe (tig ole bitties mentioned)


Look what I finally got!!! Mom boobs!



My milk has come in. Breastfeeding is going *well* Hopefully I didn't just jinx it by saying that. He is a hungry little fart though. I woke up pretty much every 2 hours to feed him. But overall the first night home went well. I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be. I automatically woke up and had energy when I heard him cry. And he doesn't fuss unless he's seriously hungry. He usually only stays awake long enough to feed on one side, but I have gotten both in a few times. I'm gonna start pumping today. My nips are sore, but not excruciating pain or anything. He has a really strong grip so only when he's actually feeding it's sore. But I love him so much and I know it's giving him what he needs so I forget about it. He has some serious gas but we have some drops for it. And I got to change the first poop diaper last night and boy was that an experience! He kept going and going and going - 3 diapers worth til we finally got him nice and clean. I also got to take my first poop since delivery. Wasn't as bad as I expected. I was afraid to push because my scar is still a little sore. It's real bad when I laugh or cough. But it looks good. There is no bleeding or secretion or anything gross. I've been able to move around and even go up and down the stairs without too many problems. Guess the meds are working good. I'm just so glad to be home. I can't wait for all of you girls to experience being a mommy, it is the most amazing reward.

Thank you all so much for the sweet messages and congrats. I love yall and miss yall, but I'll be back around when I get a hang of this. My mom has been a huge help. T's and P's to everyone who needs them : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Pregnancy Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Followers

About Me

My photo
♥ I took my first breath July 23, 1986. My name is Katherine, but everyone knows me as Katie. I am married to a wonderful man. I took his last name on March 15, 2008. I currently live in Cancun, Mexico, which has been my greatest adventure to date. And this is our story about trying to make a baby after two unsuccessful tries. The end. ♥